As soon as we proceed in one of the developmental stages known as adolescence, many changes in our body take place. In females, they experience signs that they are entering a new era in their bodies. These are 1) Body Growth, 2) Breast Development, 3) Body Sweat, 4) Body Hair, 5) Periods, 6) Discharge occurs, 7) Genitals Develop, and 8) Skin and Hair Changes. On the other hand, males experience the same except for the fact that they won’t experience those anything related to a female’s organ. Boys would experience over their body size, voice, and their sex organ. But the changing male and female teenagers share is having an oily face and developing acne or pimples. That is why many people recommend washing it before proceeding to bed
A Similar Adolescent Experience
As a typical teenager, developing acne may seem embarrassing, especially when our crush is nearby, and what’s worse? See us. However, if you’re an artist, your embarrassment would be far more than the usual reaction. Imagine being shown continuously in films, television series, and acting. Concealing it is nearly impossible. Makeup and other cosmetics may hide it for a bit, but in a closer look, voila! Still there!
Meet Georgia Toffolo. She is the woman we are referring to. This 25-year old English television and media personality shares this problem with millions of teenagers across the Earth. On one case, she was awarded as the queen of the jungle on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. At one time, she was reported using a concealer to help keep her complexion clear. However, it turns out that she is permitted to use such a product due to the condition of her skin.
Acne is a skin condition wherein follicles are blocked by oil and dead skin cells. As a result, someone who experiences it may grow blackheads, whiteheads, or pimples. It appears more frequently in our faces while others in the forehead. In some cases, it may pop up on our chest, upper back, and shoulders. Although it is common among teenagers, people of all ages may still be affected. While not always a perfect fix, a strong skincare regiment with the appropriate reviewed Dr. Brandt skincare products have been known to help.
Little Piece of Advice for Others
For other acne victims like me, never lose hope! I’m sure there are ways on how to cope with this problem. First off, it starts with simple self-discipline. Always take care of your body. Regularly clean and as much as possible, avoid being soaked on sweat. Those mentioned before are some excellent examples of the prevention of developing acne. But what if it strikes now on your face? Surely, you’ll need hefty bucks to spend. Reviewed beauty products, such as Fresh Skin Care, facial washes, and many more. Thankfully mother nature has been that so generous. There are ‘Earth-made’ plants that can help in lessening and progressively removes acne. You may want to check these out:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: The product of fermented apple cider or any unfiltered juice from pressed apples, apple cider vinegar, is proven to contain succinic acid that helps in suppressing inflammation caused by P. acnes, which prevents scarring. Additionally, lactic acid helps in improving the appearance of acne scars.
- Honey and Cinnamon Mask: Bacteria and inflammation in the skin result in acne. However, these two products cure it. Being rich in antioxidants made it a better substitute than any laboratory-made medicines.
- Tea Tree Oil: According to a study, applying 5% amounts of tea tree oil significantly reduces acne. However, it may cause dryness, irritation, and burning in the skin if applied, that is why we strongly recommend you to dilute it first since it is very concentrated.
- Green Tea: Okay. So we drink tons of green tea. Which is good for our body since it is high in antioxidants. But what about considering the idea of applying it on our face? Sounds good? Yes! Because of flavonoids and tannin, it will help in fighting bacteria. Also, it would reduce inflammation. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) has also been proven to reduce the production of sebum.
- Aloe Vera: The aloe vera plant (Aloe barbadensis) is a kind of tropical plant that yields a clear gel when leaves are split. It has a good reputation when it comes to healing burns. Salicylic acid, one of the substances present in the plant, is proven to reduce acne.
- Witch hazel: Although there are no studies regarding that it helps in removing acne, it does have studies shown that it can fight inflammation and bacteria. So why not try witch hazel that can also treat dandruff, eczema, varicose veins, bruises, insect bites, and burns?
The Struggle’s Social Impact of Acne in an Individual
In a new society flooded with judgmental human beings, many have shared the fate of humiliated and degraded. That is why people like Ms. Toff can’t stop mentioning about her insecurities. Though people in general now accept others’ flaws, perfectionists are dominating our entire community; that is why it is very shameful.
Next up is self-confidence. According to some people, facial imperfections are not a hindrance to ruin their self-esteem and even joined pageant contests. The other half opinion now goes to people who just lost their confidence.
Don’t Be Bothered! You’re Still Beautiful!
Let me tell you this. Some men don’t look on visuals but rather what’s inside you! Those types might be rare, but believe me. If you have that guy, never let him go.
While scrolling in my News Feed on my Facebook account, I saw a woman with a lot of acne and pimples in her face. Upon checking the comments section, netizens seemed to appreciate her beauty. Although she had blisters, I can say at least that her beautifully-carved eyes, nose, and facial structure point out why she is beautiful.
Words of Encouragement for All Acne
We are equally created by God, and that is why we must treat each other equally. Judge them by their attitude, not by their beauty.