How to Make Skin Look Tighter
Over time, our skin slowly begins to lose its elasticity due to the decrease of naturally produced collagen beneath its surface. You may begin to notice more unwanted fine lines and sagging each morning as you examine your face in the mirror, causing you daily mental stress and undermining your self-esteem. Luckily, there is a vast variety of skin tightening treatments available today, many of which use common household items.
Before you begin to pay for highly expensive professional skin treatments, it is recommended that you first consider natural methods to achieve a more tightened appearance in the dermis. Found below is a comprehensive list of the most popular and effective natural remedies for tightening the skin.
Achieving youthful and radiant skin doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Most of these natural face masks can be made from common ingredients frequently found in the average kitchen.
- Egg White and Lemon Mask. This is one of the most popular DIY face masks available, and often trends on beauty blogs and social media due to its cheap price and effectiveness. Simply whisk one egg white with a few drops of lemon juice until the mixture is frothy. Then apply the mixture evenly across your face and let it dry. Afterward, rinse the mask off with warm water. The mask should tighten your skin to create a younger appearance and healthy glow
- Yogurt and Lemon Mask. Similar to the egg white mask, this yogurt and lemon mask lifts and refreshes skin. The recipe calls for two tablespoons of yogurt and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Just apply and let it dry before rinsing with cool water. This is a great alternative for those who don’t want to deal with the mess of whisking and applying goopy egg whites.
Take Care of Your Body
While it may be easier and quicker to whip up a face mask, your internal health is just as crucial to tighter and more youthful appearing skin.
- Hydrate. Drinking plenty of water is necessary if you want tighter looking skin, as your skin loses its elasticity when dehydrated. You should be drinking a minimum of eight 8-ounce glasses per day, if not more.
- Eat Healthier. Having a diet rich in antioxidants and vitamins such as vitamin E is necessary for healthier skin.
Using a natural remedy doesn’t work for everyone, which is why there are numerous skin treatments on the market for tightening. Below are a few highly effective commercial methods of achieving a tighter appearance of the skin. Additionally, some of these remedies help reverse the effects that makeup has on our skin.
- Face Creams. Most drugstores and department stores stock anti-wrinkle firming creams.
- Laser Treatment. Laser skin tightening promotes the growth of new collagen and helps the skin absorb collagen, allowing for younger, tighter looking skin.
Use these remedies to combat the sagging of skin and gain a healthier, more youthful appearance. These treatments may not work instantly, and it may also take some patience to find the right regimen for you. However, this process will be well worth it in the end.
Resources & Further Reading: