This post includes products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. YourSkinOnline.com believes in giving 100% honest reviews and feedback to benefit our readers, and advertiser compensation is used to keep this site open!
Ahava is an eco-friendly, naturally derived skincare solution that uses botanicals and minerals from the Dead Sea to treat dry or damaged skin. A scientifically balanced formula helps you to achieve softer, more radiant skin without relying on harsh chemicals or toxins. Shipments take between two to seven business days, with free delivery for orders of $75 or more.
How Ahava Works
Ahava products are inspired by nature, using rare ingredients sourced straight from Israel’s Dead Sea to create treatments containing essential nutrients that keep skin healthy. Ahava products are designed for adult men and women of any age, helping to restore skin and give it a more youthful appearance. Most products are gentle enough to work on any skin type, from dry to oily.
Ahava treatments can be incorporated into every step of your daily routine, helping to give your skin a more radiant appearance throughout the day. For best results, you should treat your skin in six separate steps:
- Cleanse: Oil, dirt, and impurities can clog pores and damage skin, so it’s important to use a cleanser in the morning and in the evening.
- Tone: After cleaning your skin, blot with toner to help clarify and tighten pores.
- Apply Serum: After toning, use a light coating of serum to brighten the skin.
- Moisturize: Using Ahava lotion or daily moisturizer helps to hydrate skin cells deep down, giving you lasting protection.
- Treat Delicate Areas: Thin skin around the eyes is more prone to damage and should be treated specially.
- Don’t Forget Your Hands: When you’re done, use some Ahava hand cream to keep the skin from drying out or cracking.
What Makes Ahava Unique?
Inspired by the beauty secrets of ancient civilizations such as Sheba and Pharaonic Egypt, Ahava has made a name for itself using raw ingredients derived from the Dead Sea. Their products are rich in natural nutrients without being harsh on the skin.
What We Like
- Ahava uses dead sea water, salt, and mud to offer a potent skincare solution.
- The natural ingredients used in Ahava treatments are gentle on just about every skin type.
- Ahava uses eco-friendly practices such as water return and natural filtering when making their cosmetics.
- All Ahava products are completely vegan and free of GMOs.
- Products are affordable compared to high-end competitors.
What Could Be Better
- Ahava has a more limited skincare range compared to other luxury brands.
- Shipping on orders under $75 is relatively expensive.
- Many shoppers were unsatisfied with Ahava customer service.
Pricing and What’s Included
All Ahava skin care products include Ahava’s Osmoter™, a scientifically formulated mineral catalyst that helps to deliver deep hydration. Treatments also include other Dead Sea minerals and natural ingredients.
- Essential Day Moisturizer, Normal to Dry or Combination ($45): Provitamin B5, Amino Acids, Vitamin E, Aloe Vera
- Night Replenisher, Normal to Dry ($51): Avocado Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Retinyl
- Active Moisture Gel Cream ($45): Active Dead Sea Moisture Suspension RE Technology
- Extreme Day Cream ($75): Dunaliella Salina Algae and The Extreme Complex™
- Extreme Night Treatment ($80): Alpha-Hydroxy Acids and The Extreme Complex™
- Dead Sea Crystal Osmoter X6 Facial Serum ($75): Jojoba Oil, Borage Extract, Sea Buckthorn, Macadamia Oil, St. John’s Wort
- Dead Sea Crystal Osmoter Concentrate ($66): Aloe, Vitamin C, Sunflower Seed Oil, Olive Leaf Extract, Grape Seed Oil
- Age Control Brightening & Renewal Serum ($68): Dunaliella Salina Algae, Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Date Fruit Extract
- Refreshing Cleansing Gel ($24): Vitamin E, Ginger Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng
- All-in-One Toning Cleanser ($32): Witch Hazel, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Date Fruit Extract
- Mineral Radiance Cleansing Gel ($25): Jojoba Oil, Signaline S™, OsmoGuard™ and Pollustop™
- Mineral Toning Water ($22): Cucumber Fruit Extract, Sugar Maple, Orange and Lemon Extract, Sugar Cane, Rose Water
For the most part, customers report being satisfied with products purchased from Ahava. Many feel that the Dead Sea ingredients offer observable health and beauty benefits that you don’t see with other natural compounds. According to one Ahava review by Facebooker Gail Di Bernardo, “Ahava is the best out there. Nothing compares to them.”
Another Ahava review by Lauren Liceaga claims that “Ahava is some of the absolute best beauty and skincare products I have ever used.” Many people who try out their products end up recommending the brand to a friend.
While most customers were satisfied with Ahava’s products, however, many shoppers found the company’s customer service department lacking. Representatives were often reported as difficult to reach and lacking a comprehensive knowledge of the Ahava product line.
According to the Ahava review by TrustPilot user Alessandra Franco, “They apparently couldn’t care less about good customer service.”
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the most common questions that people ask about Ahava:
How Long Does this Product Take to Work?
Like most skincare products, with Ahava, you won’t see much of a difference after a single use. It generally takes at least two weeks to a month to see fine lines and dark spots beginning to disappear.
How Often Should I Use this Product?
Most Ahava products are gentle enough to be used on a daily basis as part of your skincare routine. Masks and scrubs, however, should be used more sparingly to avoid over-stressing the skin.
What’s in Dead Sea Products?
Dead sea water and mud are both rich in essential vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, calcium, potassium, and iron.
Are Dead Sea Products Good for the Skin?
Almost a third of Dead Sea water is made up of minerals that offer both internal and external health benefits. The water not only buffs out our skin but also deeply nourishes it as well.
Ahava Company History
Though Ahava has grown to become a leading name in skin care today, the company comes from a humble background. It was founded by Ziva Gilad, a spa technician in Israel, who began selling dead sea mud to tourists in 1988. The business quickly expanded to include products such as face masks and mineral moisturizers, reaching markets around the world, including the U.S. and Canada.
Now, Ahava’s focus has shifted to the scientific as the company works to study the link between natural dead sea compounds and the human body. Their cutting-edge research even includes nanotechnology applications. In everything that the company does, however, they strive to minimize their impact on the environment and follow eco-friendly practices.
Want to Try Ahava?
If you’re craving to try some of Ahava’s Dead Sea Mineral products, click below to see everything that they have to offer with free 2-day shipping!