This post includes products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. YourSkinOnline.com believes in giving 100% honest reviews and feedback to benefit our readers, and advertiser compensation is used to keep this site open!
Algenist uses the healing benefits of algae to create safe and natural care products for the skin. Ingredients derived from fruits, vegetables, herbs, and algae all help you to achieve supple, hydrated skin. Orders take between seven and ten business days to arrive with the option to set a delivery schedule and save 10% on shipping through the Algenist Auto Replenishment program.
How it Works
Algenist uses their unique patented compound known as Alguronic Acid to help hydrate and protect even the most sensitive of skin. Alguronic Acid is what helps algae to survive in some of the most extreme environments on Earth, protecting cells and promoting healthy regeneration. It helps to do the same for our skin, helping it to look younger for longer.
Algenist products are geared towards adult men and women who are looking for a natural and eco-friendly solution to smooth, radiant skin. You can treat your skin in six simple steps:
- Cleanse your face to remove dirt, debris, and oils that can lead to breakouts.
- Tone skin to even out the color and reduce the appearance of large pores.
- Use Algenist serum to hydrate and brighten the top layer of skin.
- Moisturize to lock hydration down deep and keep skin soft and supple all day long.
- Use Algenist eye cream to treat the thin skin around the area and prevent under eye bags.
- Apply sunscreen to protect skin against UV radiation and primer if you plan on wearing makeup.
What Makes Algenist Unique?
The key ingredient in all Algenist products is their patented Alguronic Acid, a powerful compound derived from common algae. Alguronic Acid is naturally sourced, sustainably produced, and gentle enough for all skin types.
What We Like
- Algenist products use gentle, natural ingredients instead of harsh chemicals.
- Algenist eye balms, creams, and lotions are lightweight and non-greasy
- Most products are gentle enough for even sensitive skin types.
- Algenist uses eco-friendly practices to source its ingredients.
- You can save on shipping with the Algenist Auto Replenishment Program.
What Could Be Better
- Most Algenist products are on the higher side of the pricing scale.
- Customers complain about poor customer service.
Pricing and What’s Included
All Algenist products include Alguronic Acid as their key active ingredient. Their treatments also boast a variety of other all-natural compounds for softer, smoother skin.
- Genius Sleeping Collagen ($98): Collagen, Amino Acids, Ceramides
- Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Emulsion ($95): Astragalus Membranaceus and Atractylodes Macrocephala Root Extract, Shea Butter, Artichoke Leaf Extract, Collagen
- Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream ($76-$112): Shea Butter, Vegetable Collagen, Artichoke Leaf Extract
- Splash Absolute Hydration Replenishing Gel Moisturizer ($58): Algalyte Complex, Rhizobian Gum, Watermelon, Lentil, and Apple Fruit Extract
Serums & Oils
- Elevate Advanced Retinol Serum ($95): Retinol, Parachlorella Beijerinckii Exopolysaccharides, Dunaliella Salina Extract, Peptides
- Genius Liquid Collagen ($115): Microalgae Oil Beads, Collagen Amino Acids, Parachlorella Beijerinckii Exopolysaccharides
- Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum ($118): Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Chlorella Protothecoides Oil, Vegetable Collagen
- Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil ($22-$82): Chlorella Protothecoides Oil, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Retinyl Palmitate
Eye and Lip Treatments
- Complete Eye Renewal Balm ($68): Vitamin C, Caffeine, Extracts of Cucumber, Aloe and Green Tea
- Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream ($74): Microalgae Oil, Collagen, Persian Silk Tree Extract
- Elevate Firming & Lifting Contouring Eye Cream ($72): Shea Butter, Arginine/Lysine Polypeptide, Hydrolyzed Rice and Lupine Proteins, Gold Powder, Caffeine
- Genius Liquid Collagen Lip ($35): Microalgae Oil Beads, Collagen, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Amino Acids
Reviewers tend to be impressed by how well Algenist’s patented Alguronic Acid works on the skin. According to one Algenist review by Facebooker Margit McKinzie, she’s “amazed at how [her] skin feels after just one application.”
Many reviewers are particularly impressed by Algenist eye cream, which helps to get rid of dark circles and bags under the eye. According to one Algenist review by Tonya Arington, she “saw results like [she’s] never seen in [her] life!” after using Genius Eye Cream.
Unfortunately, some reviewers had a bad experience with the Algenist customer service department when trying to place an online order. According to negative Algenist reviews, some customers have had trouble with everything from placing an order to receiving a refund.
Frequently Asked Questions About Algenist
Here are some of the most common questions people ask about Algenist products:
How Long Does this Product Take to Work?
Algenist delivers fast results, with some people reporting a difference in as little as ten days. For others, products took up to four weeks to work.
How Often Should I Use this Product?
Most Algenist skincare treatments are designed to be used both morning and evening on a daily basis. Some, such as exfoliants and masks, should be used less frequently to avoid irritating the skin.
Is Algae Good for the Skin?
Algae is an all-natural ingredient that’s rich in nutrients and minerals. Not only does it nourish deep down into the skin, but it can also help to actively draw toxins out of cells and pores.
Does Algenist Test on Animals?
Algenist does not test any of its products on animal subjects, nor does the company work with those who do. Instead, all products are dermatologically tested in third party laboratories.
Algenist got its unlikely start in 2011 when Arthur Grossman, a microalgae expert at the alternative energy company Solazyme, suggested that the company branch out into cosmetics. While executives balked at the idea at first, they quickly realized the potential of a skin care brand based around a sustainable and renewable algae compound.
Nowadays, Algenist still has a strong focus on biotechnology. The company aims to create skin care products that show measurable results in as little as ten days using natural ingredients with proven benefits. Their breakthrough Alguronic Acid and Microalgae Oil are hailed by many as miracle ingredients for maturing skin.
Want to Try Algenist?
Ready to try one of Algenist’s amazing products featuring Alguronic Acid? Click the button below and begin your treatment today!