This post includes products from one of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. YourSkinOnline.com believes in giving 100% honest reviews and feedback to benefit our readers, and advertiser compensation is used to keep this site open!
Aveeno’s line of holistic products is designed to offer a gentle yet effective solution for all skin types and all ages. Their lotions and moisturizers are designed to protect and nourish deep down, keeping your skin looking and feeling its best. While Aveeno products can’t be purchased through the company website, they can be found at certain pharmacies and cosmetics retailers.
How Aveeno Products Work
According to Aveeno’s philosophy, their products use all-natural ingredients to support the skin’s innate ecosystem. They use gentle ingredients, particularly oat, to help soothe and protect dry skin. While Aveeno mostly markets their products towards women, their skincare line works just as well on men, children, and even babies. With regular use, Aveeno’s skincare products can help your face to look smooth, clear, and bright. For best results, you should adhere to a six-step regimen every morning and evening:
- Cleansing: You can use Aveeno face wash to clear grime and oil from your face.
- Toning: Aveeno’s tone corrector can help to clarify skin and minimize the appearance of pores.
- Applying Serum: Using serum is necessary to hydrate the outermost layer of skin for a bright, fresh look.
- Moisturizing: To hydrate deeper down in the skin, you should also use a more intensive Aveeno lotion.
- Treating the Eyes: You should use specially formulated cream around the eye area to protect the delicate skin there.
- Putting on Sunscreen: Unless your moisturizer contains an SPF of 30 or higher, it’s a good idea to apply a thin coating of sunscreen before heading outside to protect your skin.
What Makes Aveeno Unique?
Aveeno focuses on using gentle, natural ingredients instead of harsh or potentially toxic chemicals. Their products are safe enough for babies’ sensitive skin.
What We Like About Aveeno
- Aveeno products are affordable and widely available
- The ingredients that Aveeno uses are all-natural
- Aveeno is safe for all skin types and all ages, from infants to seniors.
- The company embraces eco-friendly practices such as proper crop rotation and pesticide-free fields
- There are a wide range of product types to choose from, from anti-aging creams to sunscreen lotions
What Could Be Better
- You can’t buy Aveeno products through the company website
- Many products have a feminine scent
- The company frequently changes formulas and discontinues products
Pricing and What’s Included
Aveeno products contain a variety of natural ingredients that target the skin, including oat, soy, feverfew, kiwi, and blackberry along with other oils and extracts.
- Ultra-Calming Hydrating Gel Cleanser (Around $7): Calming Feverfew® and Nourishing Oat
- Absolutely Ageless Nourishing Cleanser (Around $8): Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Blackberry, and Dill Extracts
- Moisturizing Bar (Around $3): Oat Kernel Flour, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid
- Positively Radiant 60 Second In-Shower Facial (Around $ 7): Soy, Lemon Peel Extract, Kaolin Clay, Glycolic acid
- Positively Radiant Overnight Hydrating Facial Moisturizer (Around $15): Hyaluronic Acid, Soy Extract, Synthetic Beeswax
Aveeno Face Masks
- Absolutely Ageless Leave-On Day Mask Lotion SPF 30 (Around $20): Blackberry Complex and Green Tea Extract
- Absolutely Ageless Pretox Peel Off Mask (Around $10): Blackberry Complex, Vitamin E
- Clear Complexion Purely Matte Peel Off Mask (Around $10): Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Soy, and Pomegranate
Real Aveeno Reviews
For the most part, reviewers like Aveeno because their products are affordable yet effective. An Aveeno review by Facebooker Lizzie Kat said that she put lotion on her autoimmune flare up and “felt some relief for the first time in days.”
Customers also enjoy Aveeno’s extensive choice of available products. According to an Aveeno review by TrustPilot user Dana, her mother loves the company because it has “helped her to try different solutions and choose the best [cosmetic] in the shortest time.”
While Aveeno’s impressive range of products helps to set the brand apart from the competition, it can also cause problems for loyal customers. According to some Aveeno reviews, there are users who are unsatisfied with changes to product formulas or who are disappointed when items are discontinued.
Frequently Asked Questions about Aveeno
These are questions that people commonly ask about Aveeno skincare products:
How Long Does this Product Take to Work?
Though everyone’s skin is different, most people start to notice results within one to two weeks of using Aveeno, though it may take longer for some.
How Often Should I Use this Product?
For the most part, Aveeno skin care products are gentle enough to be used daily or nightly. Scrubs and face masks should be used less frequently, as they may irritate the skin.
Is Aveeno Good for Eczema?
Aveeno’s gentle ingredients soothe and hydrate the skin without risking drying it out like many chemical-based competitors. Their creams are safe for both adults and children suffering from eczema.
Is Aveeno Safe for Babies?
Thanks to the all-natural ingredients used in Aveeno baby products, their creams and lotions are safe from most infants three months and older. For infants with particularly sensitive skin, you should consult your pediatrician before using any new skin care products.
For more than 70 years, Aveeno has made a name for itself as a top beauty brand. The company was founded by brothers and famous Mayo Clinic dermatologists Sidney and Albert Musher when they began studying the health benefits of oat in 1945. When they found that it had healing properties for dry skin, the two founded the Aveeno brand.
Aveeno’s mission is to create affordable and effective luxury skincare products for women of all shapes, sizes, and ages using natural ingredients. They’re also a research-driven company and have been a key player in recent years in advancing our understanding of skin flora. In the future, Aveeno hopes to uncover more novel and natural skincare solutions.